You can seek a waiver for several reasons as an immigrant or nonimmigrant. One of the most popular waiver is the Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver or I-601A. This waiver is for those who seek green cards or residency but are not allowed to do so inside the United States making them inadmissible. This means that the individual will need to return to their home country and have an interview at the US Embassy before getting a visa. A person must apply for the waiver and it must be approved before they leave the United States for the interview. After the interview, this waiver allows the individual to return to the United States and rejoin their family members as a permanent resident.

A provisional waiver is an important tool for people who crossed into the United States without a visa, have been living and working here without permission and are now married to US Citizens or Permanent Residents.

Speak with the highly accomplished attorneys at Mesa Law to help you navigate the complex process of applying for waivers. Call our law offices at (603)296-2222 to get started.